All proceeeds from sales of the book Tomo: Friendship Through Fiction--An Anthology of Japan Teen Stories are donated to support teens in the 3/11 tsunami- and earthquake-affected areas of Tohoku.
Recently another 20,000 yen was donated to the Japanese NPO Hope for Tomorrow, which is providing educational support grants to high school students in the three hardest hit prefectures of Fukushima, Miyagi, and Iwate.
|source: Wikimedia commons|
In 2014, educational support grants went to 127 students in the following schools:
- Fukushima Prefectural Haramachi High School (Minami Soma City)
- Miyagi-ken Ishinomaki High School (Ishinomaki City)
- Miyagi-ken Kesennuma High School (Kesennuma City)
- Iwate Prefectural Ofunato High School (Ofunato City)
- Iwate Prefectural Takata Senior High School (Rikuzentakata City; temporarily located in Ofunato City)
Thank you to our publisher, Stone Bridge Press, and to everyone who continues to purchase copies of Tomo either in print or as an ebook. Your purchase does make a difference to teens in Tohoku.
We hope that the stories in Tomo offer windows and mirrors to our many readers.